Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Germany.
Make and share this Black Forest Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in cranberries; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine water and coffee granules; add buttermilk, sugar, honey, oil, vanilla, and egg, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack, and remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.