Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds very simple and good. From The Diabetic Chocolate Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand.
- 1 (16 ounce) can sour cherries, pitted
- 8 ounces sugar-free chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- Drain cherries very well.
- Combine cake mix, cherries and sugar replacement in mixing bowl.
- Stir to blend thoroughtly.
- Spread batter in well-greased 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into 1 X 1 1/2-inch bars.
- Food Exhancge per serving: 1/4 STARCH/BREAD EXCHANGE.
Well, I guess I actually blew your recipe all to *#%! since I used a regular chocolate cake mix & left out the sugar substitute ~ Good thing I wasn't making this for anyone who's diabetic! Will definitely have to took for that kind of cake mix for another time, though, since I do have friends who'd appreciate something like this! Thanks for sharing the recipe, even if I did turn it on its head! [Made & reviewed while in Germany with ZWT6]