Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a really good one dish meal. Spicy comfort food!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cansjalapeno black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 15 corn tortillas
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook and drain onion and beef. Add peas, tomatoes,soups,enchilada sauce,sour cream and spices.
- Grease 9 x 13. Cut tortillias into 3ights and put l/3 in bottom of pan. Add l/3 of meat mixture and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers until all are used making sure that cheese is on top layer.
- Bake 350 for 35 mins or until brown.
I just love this recipe, must be an OK thing :) I do a slight variation though. I don't like red enchilada sauce so I substituted the Campbell's Ranchero Tomato. I also use their Pepper Jack soup and Creamy Chicken Verde in place of the cream of mushroom and chicken. It ads a little extra something too it! Always a crowd pleaser and easy too!
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT! I used pepper jack soup instead of cream of mushroom and added some chopped bell pepper, minced garlic, diced serrano peppers for heat and bacon. I also deciced to omit the tortillas. Some said I should have used flour tortillas. I think next time I'll do that! I'm from Ada...and this is for sure Oklahoma-esque! Thanks for such a wonderful comforting keeper!! I will make this again and again!!
Not a highly elegant meal but absolutely comforting. It is hard to serve but the taste is good. You end up with a creamy pile of beef, tortillas and cheese. It's quite rich and rather high in calories so it will be something we have to break up our usual routine.