Recipe by Jellyqueen
I found this recipe in one of our local church cookbooks. This makes a pretty eye catching cookie and is quite easy to make. Cook time is per cookie sheet.
Top Review by mliss29
These are so cute! I had never made pressed cookies before, but it was really easy. And these taste really good too. I made them with Smucker's Natural Creamy. Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #14.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chocolate chips, for center of each flower
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, sugars, egg, vanilla and peanut butter until creamy.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together and add to creamed mixture.
- Force batter thru flower disk of cookie press onto greased cookie sheet.
- Put a chocolate chip in center of each.
- Bake@375 F for 12-15 minutes.