Recipe by M&A's
I made this yesterday in the crock pot. I needed something that could be thrown together with what I had in the house and sit while I worked a 14 hour day. This definitely hit the spot.
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb andouille sausage
- 1 lb black-eyed peas, dried (you can also use canned)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- If using dried beans soak for 4 or more hours, drain and rinse.
- Slice sausage into rounds. Combine with black eyed peas, onion, garlic, and Cajun seasoning in the crock pot.
- Add water until beans and sausage are just covered. If using dried beans, add enough so that the beans and sausage are submerged by 1-2 inches of liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. I would suggest an additional 2 hours if using dried beans.