Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This goes with the Cajun Style Grits with Blackeye salsa recipe. This salsa was so good that we are sure that it would be just wonderful with tortilla chips.
- 3⁄4 cup black-eyed peas, canned rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped or 3⁄4 cup cooked dry-packaged black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients. Let stand 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
This was great ove Recipe#157134! I really enjoyed the lime with the vegetables. Great over the grits! Thanks!
I followed recipe exactly and it was very good. A little dry, so I added a couple splashes fat free italian dressing and that helped. Loved the fact it was low in fat and enjoyed it with tortilla chips. Thanks!
Delicious! Enjoyed this with recipe #157134 for New Years Day. Thanks for sharing the recipe!