Recipe by Terry Davis
A nice Southern dish modified for the crock pot. If you like a little spicy then ad 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
- 5 slice bacon
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (793.78 g) can black-eyed peas, drain liquid and rinse peas
- 236.59 ml water
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Add to medium pan and cook until crispy. Do not drain off the grease!
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to bacon and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients from the pan including the bacon grease to crock pot.
- Add remainder of ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- Stir and serve on rice.