Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A nice Southern dish modified for the crock pot. If you like a little spicy then ad 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
- Chop bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Add to medium pan and cook until crispy. Do not drain off the grease!
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to bacon and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients from the pan including the bacon grease to crock pot.
- Add remainder of ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- Stir and serve on rice.