Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
Nobody in my family, except me, likes black eyed peas. I learned a easy way to dress them up from my grandfather many years ago. May sound a little strange until you try it, but this recipe is addicting! I have made them with low fat mayo, and they were good. I have never tried fat free mayo. This recipe works very well with field peas too. You could easily add to this basic recipe to make all kinds of black eyed pea dishes.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I sometimes use up to 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Rinse peas, cover with water, and heat peas in microwave safe bowl or on stove top until hot.
- 2. Drain well, pour into serving bowl and stir in mayonnaise until well combined.
- 3. Season with salt and pepper,.
- 4. Serve hot!
this was excellent. I did add a small onion and I served it cold. thanks for a great recipe.