Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in the houston chronicle ***Flavor***
Make and share this Black-Eyed Peas Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1⁄2 cup bacon drippings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. grease a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.