- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed drained well
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained well
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped green onion
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat vinegar and salt until salt is partially dissolved. Beat in oil, pepper sauce and garlic until well blended.
- Add black-eyed peas, chickpeas, pimentos and green onions. Toss to coat.
- Cover, stirring occasionally, chill several hours. Serve from lettuce lined bowl or platter.