Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
Another of Marina's tried and true recipe. She never cooks with measurements so I've tried to measure ingredients out for you. Often I pour this over cooked rice. Yummee!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until crumbly.
- Save a little of the bacon grease to fry the celery and onions.
- Add worchester sauce, basil and thyme.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Cook at least 2 hours on low heat.