Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into very thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and cut into very thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook ham, onion, and pepper strips in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add tomato with liquid and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring frequently.