Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a Weight Watchers recipe from the 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook. It is 3 points a cup and it is delicious!
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml ham, diced
- 2 (900.09 g) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and ham; saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in peas and remaining ingredients and cook until heated.
Easy, quick and healthy! I did add some extra minced garlic in addition to what was in the canned tomatoes. It was good, but I think I'd use something other than ham next time, because it was a little bland. I think maybe some diced turkey smoked sausage or lowfat turkey keibasy would be a better match. Thanx for posting this!