Recipe by dicentra
This comes from 1001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes. You can use turnip, mustard or kale for the greens.
Top Review by ashtreev
Super yummy! Satisfied my craving for greens. I substituted barley for millet because I couldn't find millet! Anyway, it worked out great, but took about twice the cooking time.
- cooking spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cups greens, coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup millet
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth and vinegar; heat to boiling.
- Add greens and tomatoes to the saucepan; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until greens are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir black-eyed peas and millet into saucepan; simmer, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.