Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Simply Vegan. Happy New Year! Serve with rice.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces frozen black-eyed peas, thawed
- 10 ounces frozen collard greens, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Simmer oil, garlic, peas and greens together in a covered frying pan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add lemon juice. Heat for 2 more minutes before serving.
I added diced pastrami for depth and it was s-u-p-e-r-b-!