Recipe by True Texas
I've had this recipe for many years, sometimes I use it, sometimes I use my recipe for "Southern Black-eyed Peas", both are great.
- 1 lb dried black-eyed peas
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 small green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover peas with water and soak over night.
- Drain and place in kettle with fresh water to cover.
- Add salt and garlic halves. Cook until tender.
- Before serving heat oil in skillet. Add mashed garlic, green peppers, onion, bay leaf.
- Cook till tender.
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over peas. Blend and serve hot.