Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the perfect dish for New Year's Day when serving those Yankees who claim they don't like black-eyed peas. It's also great for summer picnics with sliced ham, or for fall pig roasts.
- 2 (1 lb) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain peas.
- Combine in a mixing bowl with onion, peppers, parsley, and dill.
- Sprinkle with equal amounts of olive oil and vinegar, until well moistened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinate in refrigerator for several hours.