Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is something a little different for you. Chopped spinach, black-eyed peas, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, water chestnuts, and garlic powder all mixed up for a Southern tasting spread on pumpernickel or rye party bread. It doesn't get much more Southern than this!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup dry vegetable soup mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 40 slices pumpernickel cocktail bread or 40 slices rye cocktail bread
- Combine all ingredients except brea; mix well. (You could mix this in a food processor if you want a creamier texture.).
- Spread mixture on bread slices.