Recipe by Candace Michelle
My boyfriend LOVES black eyed peas, so when I saw this recipe at a local grocery I had to pick it up.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried black-eyed peas
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed
- 7 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse black-eyed peas well. In a 4 qt pan, place potatoes, peas, carrots, celery, onion, garlic basil, and pepper with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover and simmer for an hour.
- Stir in soy sauce and dill weed. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mash peas and potatoes against sides of pan to thicken soup.