Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy skillet dinner to enjoy those New Year black-eyed peas. I usually serve over rice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt (I used 1 t.)
- pepper (I use 1/2 t.)
- hot sauce
- Add ground beef, onion, and green pepper to a skillet.
- Cook and crumble meat over medium heat until beef is browned; drain well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet; bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
Very good, and easy. I served it with warm cornbread :yummy: I always keep on hand frozen chopped green peppers, now if I start keeping canned black-eyed peas handy, I could throw this to together in a hurry.