Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a wonderful recipe for cold days. It is a bit spicy but if you prefer, you can always add about 1/8 tsp of hot pepper sauce for more of a kick. I hope you enjoy--it's very good and hearty!
- 1 lb smoked link sausage (diced or sliced)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
- In dutch oven, lightly brown your sausage.
- Stir in all other ingredients.
- Cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Enjoy with some good baked cornbread!