1/2 Photos of Black Eyed Pea Salsa
DeAnna Owens's Note:
I first had this salsa at a house warming party served with tortilla chips. It was the first thing to go, everyone loved it. I found it's an excellent side to grilled pork tenderloin. I've served it cold and hot; I think it's good both ways but my husband did not like it as much hot. It's a very healthy dish and a great way to get your veggies in for the day. It's one of the recipes that I actually like black eyed peas in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups black-eyed peas (drained & rinsed)
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 cup radish, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 jalapeno (diced, deveined & deseeded)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1Chop all the vegatables.
- 2Add the rest of ingredients to a bowl, deep enough to mix the ingredients together.
- 3If served cold, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- 4If served warm, heat up in the microwave or on the stove-top.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Eyed Pea Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 611.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g