Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Finally, a good use for canned black-eyed peas! A big hit at potlucks. Cook time is actually fridge time.
- 1 (12 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 dashes garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 jar pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot sauce (as daring as you like)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put in covered tupperware type container and let"marinate" at least 12 hours.
- Keeps well- up to 3 weeks.
This has a great flavor and tastes just as wonderful as any three bean salad that I've tasted! I did cut the vegetable oil by half, and still felt the quality was right up there, and I used some jarred roasted red peppers in place of the pimentos (aren't they close to the same thing anyway?) Great job on a fantastic recipe. Keep posting more like this one!