Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is very easy and quick to make. I got it from the Black-eyed Pea Festivel in Texas. Great for a hot summer get together.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- curly leaf lettuce
- Whisk first six ingredients in a large bowl;.
- Add black-eyed peas and next three ingredients tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve on a lettuce lined platter.
- Yield: 6 cups.
5 Stars. Quick, easy, and yummy, and best of all, only 3 WW points for 1 cup serving. I am taking this to a potluck tomorrow.