Recipe by threeovens
This is a filling main dish salad that is perfect to bring to work for lunch (you can pack the dressing separately). The beans have an earthy flavor that is balanced by a sweet and sour vinaigrette. The salad also has crunch from a mix of iceberg lettuce and green cabbage and more earthy crunch from red radish slivers.
Top Review by Susie D
The recipe surprised me in a nice way. I liked the dressing more than expected and already have plans to try it on a confetti style salad. I liked the salad, but thought the cabbage would be much better finely shredded for better texture. I also thought the recipe had room for additional salad ingredients such as red or green onions and red or yellow peppers. I would also marinate the peas in the dressing next time for extra flavor. good luck in the contest!
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml whole grain mustard
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 425.24 g can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely shredded
- 0 head green cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 118.29 ml red radish, cut in half lengthwise then into thin halfmoons