Recipe by threeovens
This is a filling main dish salad that is perfect to bring to work for lunch (you can pack the dressing separately). The beans have an earthy flavor that is balanced by a sweet and sour vinaigrette. The salad also has crunch from a mix of iceberg lettuce and green cabbage and more earthy crunch from red radish slivers.
Top Review by Susie D
The recipe surprised me in a nice way. I liked the dressing more than expected and already have plans to try it on a confetti style salad. I liked the salad, but thought the cabbage would be much better finely shredded for better texture. I also thought the recipe had room for additional salad ingredients such as red or green onions and red or yellow peppers. I would also marinate the peas in the dressing next time for extra flavor. good luck in the contest!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red radish, cut in half lengthwise then into thin halfmoons