Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from Love Of Cooking Salads. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Black-Eyed Pea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dry black-eyed peas
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- Cover peas with water and soak overnight. Drain and rinse. Add new water to cover peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Drain and cool to room temperature You may substitute a 16oz bag of frozen peas, cook per directions.
- Heat sugar, oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper in a small saucepan. Stir constantly until sugar is melted. Set aside. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine peas and veggies. Pour on dressing. Stir gently to combine. Try not to break up peas. Season to taste.
- Chill before serving.