Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice little salad, change the ingredients to suit your mood. I add corn kernals and small corn on the cob, pea pods..mix it up and see what you like.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced orange zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Into large bowl, place peas, red and green peppers, green onions, celery, tomato and parsley.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and orange zest.
- Add to salad and mix gently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving; taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.