Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Down Home with the Neelys. Gina called this soul salad!
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to the salad.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator before serving, at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours .
We love this salad. I added two cloves of minced garlic and left out the parsley.