Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is an adaption of one that I found awhile back. It has quickly become one of DH's favorites. It can be made several hours in advance and kept in the refrigerator. Please note that the cooking time is the minimum recommended time to chill the salad before serving.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium roma tomato, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl, combine the peas, celery, onion and jalapeno pepper.
- In a small dish, whish together the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and Tabasco sauce.
- Pour the dressing over the peas and mix well; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, add the diced tomato and stir to combine.