- 2 cups black-eyed peas, cooked and drained
- 2 cups enriched rice, cooked 3/4 of the way
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauté pan, cook the peppers, garlic and oil.
- Add all herbs, rice and chicken stock to pan. Cook the rice through, should take about 10 minutes until the rice softens and the stock reduces.
- Add the peas and cook five more minutes. Serve on a platter.