This is a recipe my mom used to make growing up. This being a southern staple, the ingredients from recipe to recipe will vary. Experiment to perfection! Note: I highly recommend serving this with the wonderful Cucumber Salad (#51721)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the chopped onion in a bit of oil until translucent, then remove.
- 2In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (including the sauteed onion).
- 3Mash mixture (I use a large fork) until about half of the peas are completely mashed.
- 4Mold into patties about 2-3 inches across and 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- 5In a skillet, heat about 1/2 inch oil on med-high.
- 6When the oil is hot, add patties.
- 7Cook until a medium brown crust forms on bottom (2-3 minutes), then turn and repeat.
- 8Remove to paper towel to absorb grease.
- 9Drizzle Ranch Dressing and your favorite barbecue sauce over the tops and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black-Eyed Pea Patties
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1246.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cornbread stuffing mix