Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious variation of hummus that we enjoy on top of multi-grain tortilla chips. Served with a variety of vegetables or other crackers would work as well. This recipe is adapted from My Recipes.
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
- green onion top, snipped for garnish
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and process until smooth. Scape down sides, if necessary, and process again.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with snipped green onion tops. Serve with your favorite choice of crackers, tortilla chips and/or vegetables.