Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make-ahead tip: Hummus can be made up to two days in advance; just cover and chill
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (15 7/8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 14 (6 inch) pita bread, quartered
- fresh chives (optional)
- Drop garlic through chute of food processor with processor on; process 3 seconds or until garlic is minced.
- Add lemon juice and next 5 ingredients (lemon juice through peas); process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Serve with pita wedges. Garnish with fresh chives, if desired.