Recipe by kayc1218
A spicy dip that is a great substitute for refried beans. Original recipe was in Bon Appetit. We've adjusted it over the years to our tastes. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 -6 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In food processor, pulse drained black eyed peas with garlic cloves until smooth. Add softened cream cheese, chili powder and cayenne pepper and pulse to mix.
- Put mixture in 8 inch pie pan. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly. Top with chopped green onions and serve with your favorite tortilla chip.