Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cheesy black eyed pea dip perfect for New Years. From Southern Living Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 5 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 31 ounces black-eyed peas, drained
- serve with tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips
- Melt butter in heavy pot.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute until tender.
- Reduce heat and add cheese and peppers.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly.
- Stir in peas and heat through.
- Serve with chips.