Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From our church cookbook.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 -4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, peeled and chopped or 1 small chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlezest Italian dressing (sorry, oz. size may not be exact, had to put in a unit size, just get a small bottle)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours ahead.
- Serve with corn chip scoops or Tostitos scoops.
I made this to enjoy while watching football on New Years Day. Very good dip, with lots of colorand flavor. I served this with scoops . This makes a lot but that's not a problem because it keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
I used 1/2 red and 1/2 green peppers for color and I added a sliced avacado. I also used a small purple onion instead of the green onion, also for color. This was perfect for a New Years celebration - since everyone knows you have to eat black-eyed peas for good luck! Thanks for the post!