This is a copycat recipe from the restraunt Black Eye'd Pea. It's a great soup and pretty quick and easy to whip up!
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender.
- Place half-and-half and 2 cups water in top of double boiler.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Add broccoli.
- Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl.
- Stir into cheese mixture in double boiler and heat over simmering water until soup thickens.
This is very thick and cheesey. I made this as written, but did add some chopped onion for more flavor. Even with the onion, I think it could use more flavor, though. I would recommend using chicken or veggie broth instead of plain water. Thanx for posting this!
I make this a lot.. it's SOOOO awesome!!!!!
We enjoyed this quick and easy soup. I did make a couple of changes so have decided not to give a star rating (even though it turned out well). The big change was that I cut the cheese in half. When I looked at the amount of cheese and the number of servings I just couldn't do 1/4 pound of cheese per person, my arteries were rebelling! I do know that it would have tasted sensational but couldn't do it. I also decreased the amount of cream and replaced it with milk. I did serve it with about 2 tblsp. of grated cheddar to give it colour and appeal. Thanks for sharing your recipe.