Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy and healthy salsa given to me by my friend, Laura. I could eat it as a meal with baked Scoops. I am thinking about adding some black beans next time. (I found the Tiger Sauce near the hot sauces in the grocery store. It is sweeter than Tabasco or Texas Pete.)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small purple onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons tiger sauce
- tortilla chips
- Add the first 5 ingredinets in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix the sugar, vinegar and Tiger Sauce and pour over vegetables in bowl. Stir well.
- It is best chilled for a few hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips for scooping. I like baked Scoops.
This was quite good! I followed the instructions as written only adding a little cilantro to the dish.
This was a great hit. Thank you for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs June 2012 tag game.