Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great recipe and came from 150 Vegan Favorites cook book.
Make and share this Black-Eyed Pea and Bulgur Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 -3 large scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the bulgur and water.
- Let stand, covered, until the bulgur absorbs all of the water, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff the grains.
- Meanwhile, in another mixing bowl, combine the black-eyed peas, tomato, cucumber, scallions, garlic, oil, lemon juice, parsley, pepper, and salt and toss.
- Stir the soaked bulgur into the black-eyed pea mixture.
- Chill the salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce or stuff into a pita.