Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A vegetarian hearty Indian dish with a sweet and sour tang. This dish is delicious with some rice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup black-eyed peas
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1⁄4 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup canned pineapple chunk
- In advance prepare the cashew butter. Put it in a bowl and slowly add water to it while mixing.
- The cashew butter should be getting thinner and whiter. Do this until it becomes the consistency of syrup.
- Cook lentils in 1 cup and 1/4 water (in the pressure cooker).
- Separately cook the beans in 2 cups of water (in the pressure cooker).
- Then, chop the onion into small pieces.
- Place olive oil in a clean pot with the spices and turn on the heat.
- Stir mixture until fragrant and hot.
- Add onion and stir until the pieces are translucent.
- Add the cooked beans and lentils and 1/3 cup of water.
- Add the diluted cashew butter and stir.
- When hot add the chunks of pineapple and serve.
This was an excellent recipe. I followed it exactly (well i added more curry powder, but i love curry) and it turned out perfectly. Great earthy meal and my house smelled wonderful while cooking it. Thank you!