Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy tasty dish that all the family seems to enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups black-eyed peas, pre-soaked
- 700 g broccoli, chopped into flowerettes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 cans savoury tomatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Drain beans, and bring to boil in plenty of fresh water.
- Cook until tender.
- Heat oil, and add cumin and sizzle approx 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and tomatoes, stirring constantly.
- Add paprika, yoghurt and garlic.
- Mix and cook 7-8 minutes over a low heat.
- Add drained black eyed beans, turmeric, garam masala, and salt.
- Mix, and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10-15 miutes.
This reacipe was really great. My husband who doesnt like Broccoli loved it.. The ingredients were simple and the curry tasted yummy!! Thank you for the idea.