Recipe by Tina and Dave
You can do croquette or burger shapes, they'll still taste yummy! If you're vegan, leave out the cheese and egg. The 'time to make' doesn't include the time the mixture has to sit in your fridge! Goodness knows where I got this recipe from - the card I wrote it on dates from the early '80s!
- 227 g beans, tinned or canned
- 114 g breadcrumbs
- 57 g ground nuts
- 114 g cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 egg, beaten
- seasoned flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beans / peas and mash them.
- Mix with all the other ingredients and season to taste. The mixture should be quite moist.
- Chill for between 1 and 2 hours until firm.
- Shape into 8 croquettes. Dip into beaten egg then into the seasoned flour.
- Shallow fry for 4 - 5 minutes on each side.