Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
from Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge at disney world
- 1 lb dried black-eyed peas, soaked overnight and cooked
- 1 lb corn kernel, roasted
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup scallion, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon basil, rough chop
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (add water if concentrate)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom, toasted
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- Make the dressing and set aside.
- Cook black eye peas. Let cool.
- Mix all the ingredients together and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- cooking time does not reflect soaking of beans over night.