Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Make croquets bite size and serve with sour cream mixture for a appetizer. Mix sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoned salt and pepper in small bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Also you can make with black beans.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- Slightly mash black-eyed peas in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except oil, until well blended.
- In a large deep skillet on medium-high heat the oil.
- Drop bean mixture into oil by 1/4-cupfuls (I use an ice cream scoop), flattening slightly.
- Cook croquets, 7 minutes, turning once or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm while cooking remaining croquettes.