Recipe by Chocolatl
As served at the Black Dog Village Pub and Bistro, Bayfield, Ontario. Adapted from 300 Best Potato Recipes. I don't think this needs any salt, but use your own judgment.
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces smoked cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 1/4 of the potatoes in a single layer in the bottom of a 9" round baking dish, overlapping them slightly.
- Brush with 1/4 of the butter.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Add some salt and pepper if you really think it's necessary.
- Repeat layers 3 times, ending with cheese.
- Cover with a piece of buttered foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until cheese is melted, browned and crusty.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.