Recipe by Allison Williams
This is a fabulous blackening mix with a hint of curry flavor - a favorite way to prepare our catch of the day. Fresh snapper is our top choice, but this is good on pretty much any warm water fish. Leave out the habanero for a mild flavor, or add more spice to make it hotter.
- 2 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground habanero chile pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the fish in a small bowl.
- Dredge filets in the spice mix.
- Make sure they are completely covered and save any extra to continue sprinkling while grilling.
- Cover grill grate with aluminum foil and heat to high.
- Place filets on foil and grill 8-12 minutes depending on thickness, turning once.
- Serve over rice or a green salad.