Black-currant Yogurt Ice Cream
- Mix together the yogurt, vanilla extract and honey and freeze until mushy - about an hour.
- Put the black-currants in a saucepan with the orange juice and sugar.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes (gooseberries would take about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and let the fruit steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain and allow to cool completely.
- Stir the fruit into the yogurt.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, fold them in and freeze for 1-2 hours, or until firm.