2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen Rooibos tea a refreshing, caffeine free with a slightly nutty flavour that comes from the leaves of the South African red bush. Honeybush tea is similar but has a sweeter flavour. NOTE: Time to cook includes 2 hour refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steep tea in 8 cups (2 L) boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard bags.
- 2Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring currants or blueberries, sugar and 1 cup water to boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring, until fruit breaks down (about 5 minutes).
- 4Add to tea; let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- 5Refrigerate until cold (about 2 hours).
- 6Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve into pitcher, pressing solids only gently so beverage remains clear.
- 7Serve with ice cubes.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Currant or Blueberry Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rooibos tea bags